Anthropologie Lampshade

Edit Artikel

I’ve been working on re-vamping my master bedroom. So far, it has taken me 7 years. I should be done pretty soon. I purchased a lamp for it, and it has sat on my side table (with the tags still on it!) for two months. I wanted to “fanicify” the shade somehow, and I just couldn’t make up my mind how to do it. But then…I saw this.

{$88.00}Anthropologie Lampshade

However, I didn’t really see it until I saw this. That’s it! That’s how it needed to be fancified! Thank you, Terra from Mama Says Sew. She gives fantastic directions, but I’ll give you the low-down here as well.

Anthropologie Ruffled Lampshade

I purchased 1 1/2 yards of burlap for $2.99. Because the shade was so similar in color, I didn’t wrap it beforehand. Looking back now, I wish I would have, but it’s not a big deal. Not that many people tour my master bedroom anyway. :)

Burlap cloth

I folded the burlap in half and used my rotary cutter to cut the strips. Don’t let the ruler fool you. I didn’t measure anything. I just kind of “eyed” each strip, but I did use the ruler to make a straight line. I think they ended up being about 2 1/2 inches.

Burlap Strips

Per Tessa’s directions, fold the strips in half and iron them down. You will line the folded edge with hot glue and place it on the shade in a squiggly manner.

Ruffled Lampshade

Do this for about three days, burn your fingers five times, and itch for hours because of all the messy burlap residue.

Anthropologie Ruffle Lampshade

Once you’re done, you’ll have something like this!

Anthropologie Ruffled Lampshade

Unfortunately, I don’t think the base is staying this color, but it certainly is pretty! It was just the texture I was looking for, and it only cost $2.99 to do it. Inspiration abounds in blogland, doesn’t it?

Ruffled Lampshade

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments