An Ikea Virtual Shopping Trip

Edit Artikel

If you’re like me and are obsessed with shopping (and I know some of you are), you’ll enjoy this little Ikea shopping trip I’m taking you on! I came away with some awesome finds, and I left regretting some “why didn’t I just buy it” purchases. I’ll show you both!

First up? Some gallery rooms. If you’ve ever been to Ikea, you know this is where the magic happens. The inspiration and the sheer “Ikea makes that?” response is just too fun!

Ikea kitchen

No husband? No kids? No dog? This would totally be my room. Throw a couple of colorful pillows in there, and I would move right in. 

Ikea living room

My goal for this trip was to revamp my craft room. Needless to say, this room served as some fun inspiration. LOVE that craft desk, but it came out to be a little more than I wanted to spend.

Ikea craft room

I was drooling over this backsplash. And the farmhouse sink. Oh, and the in-cabinet lighting.    

Ikea kitchen

My little point-and-shoot doesn’t do these rooms justice, but I loved the lighting in them. Layers of lighting…loved it.

Ikea bedroom

Right now, why don’t we take a little lunch break? I’ll have the Swedish meatballs, please. Had it been appropriate, I would have licked my plate. That. good. Notice my partner in crime’s chocolate cake? Yummo!

Ikea meatballs

Ok, ok. What’d I get? Well, I’ll tell ya what I didn’t get! These bad boys. What was I thinking? One piece of advice for you. If you ever go to Ikea, get frames. I don’t care if you don’t think you need them. Just get them.

Ikea frames

Hello, McFly! I’m loving this gallery wall, and it would be so easy to do—IF I had bought the frames. Grr.

Ikea gallery wall

#1 on my list was to get a new sleek dresser for my craft room. Enter the Malm. I had planned on paying $179 and it was on sale for $99! Yahoony! Look at BFF’s smile. That quickly subsided when she had to help me load the boxes into the cart.

Ikea malm

I also didn’t get this. I wanted it sooo badly (in white), but it didn’t fit my measurements. BFF was supposed to buy it, but she said “next time”. I hate that saying.

shoe storage

Well, BFF redeemed herself when she bought all this! (I know—the frames) She’s gonna do a little mudroom decorating soon, and these were just the pieces she needed. Can’t wait to show you.

white frames

Obviously, I walked out of there with a pretty good stash, but I didn’t take pictures of it. Weird. I’ll show you my favorite find tomorrow for SAS Day! It was the very last store of the day, and I just kind of stumbled on it. Isn’t that the best? See you tomorrow??

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments