I have a Silhouette, and I’m not afraid to use it!

Edit Artikel

That’s right, folks.  This new beauty is a part of the Just a Girl household, and consider this fair warning.  I’m filled to the BRIM with ideas, and I imagine you’ll be seeing a lot of them in the future.

IMG_1818

I’ll tell ya right now.  I was so nervous as I turned the machine on that I was seriously sweating.  This whole “be creative—the world is in the palm of your hands” kind of thing was a lot of pressure.  So I decided to start out slow.  Enter: a bag and vinyl.

IMG_1809

Shapoodle!  For $1.78 I now have a personalized Detroit Tigers gift bag AND my husband will think I’m cool for making it.  Because I am cool for making it.

IMG_1812

For the “special” part of the gift, I decided to use some heat transfer to make my own ribbon.  Here’s my Ikea version of directions… 

IMG_1820 IMG_1821

Add some trim, let the kids add some stickers, and call it good.  Well, then listen to your husband pout and whine because he wants to open it now.  “It’s not fair to make him wait two days.”

IMG_1825    IMG_1828

Happy Father’s Day!!

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments