A Sewing chair and SAS Day

Edit Artikel

As I said earlier, my shopping goal for Ikea included items for my craft room. Something I knew I wanted? A new sewing chair. A sewing chair that isn’t meant for sewing. It’s just a chair. That I’ll sew in. While Ikea had the chair I wanted, they didn’t offer the slipcover that I was looking for.

HENRIKSDAL Chair white, brown-black Width: 21 1/4 " Depth: 22 7/8 " Height: 38 1/4 " Seat width: 21 1/4 " Seat depth: 16 1/2 " Seat height: 18 1/2 "  Width: 54 cm Depth: 58 cm Height: 97 cm Seat width: 54 cm Seat depth: 42 cm Seat height: 47 cm  Our last stop of the day was to Marshall’s, and it wasn’t even on our shopping radar. The chair had alluded me at Ikea, Pier 1, and HomeGoods, so my hopes were low. And then…she appeared. damask chair

The clean lines were there, and the colors were spot on. Then the “worry words” as I call them started in. Would it be too busy? Is it truly what I was looking for? Blah, blah, blah…it’s a curse, really.

craft room chair

I decided that I would let the price tag decide for me. I thought I’d spend around $100, and if it was much more than that, I’d just pass it up. Then, I saw this.

IMG_7488

$59.00??? SOLD.  The only thing standing in it’s way now were the legs.  I told BFF that I’d just paint them, and her response was, “Of course you will.”

parsons chair

It fits perfectly at the sewing table, and the fabric is exactly what I was looking for. Worry words, be gone!

sewing room

There’s a little sneak peek of the new dresser in there, but I’m waiting for a little somethin’ somethin’ to arrive that will jazz her up a little bit. The reveal will just have to wait.

sewing table

My week has involved some major shopping, sleeping in, and putting things together with only picture directions. Now it’s up to you to show us what you’ve been doing. Link up!

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments