Dining Room Shopping List

Edit Artikel

This is what I consider the “meat and potatoes” of a room transformation.  Oh sure, the board and batten tutorial was fine, but this is the fun part.  If you’re anything like me, this is the stuff I always want to know.

IMG_2110

Again, the #1 question?  The chairs.  You’re going to hear this word a lot.  Ikea.  They were $59.99 (I think that included the slipcover).

IMG_2126

The window treatments were also from Ikea.  They were $29.00 for a PAIR. You just don’t find window treatments that cheap.  They match the walls perfectly.

Another popular comment is on the “mirror” as many people thought it was.  In fact, it’s a candle platter I got at Ikea. It was on clearance for $14.99, and I wish I would have bought 10 of them.

IMG_1985

Umm…the painting.  I did it. I bought a canvas (with a 40% off coupon) for $15.00. I simply used acrylic craft paint that I had on hand. Will it stay? Who knows. It was an extremely inexpensive way to add some color to the room, and I’m happy with it—for now.

IMG_2100

Oh yeah.  The sticks were an Ikea purchase, too.  I bought them a long time ago, but it’s only fair that I mention it.  I actually think they still have ‘em. $15.00

IMG_2138

I found these tall sticks (?) for $1.99 at Michaels on clearance.  The peacock feathers added a nice splash of color to a neutral room.  Love peacock feathers!

IMG_1961

And finally, the lamp. It was a splurge for me at $39.99 (not $40) at TJMaxx.  I loved it because I didn’t have to do anything to it (woo hoo!), and it brought some curves to the otherwise linear room.

IMG_1969

My friend Beth asked a question that I thought I should share.  I painted the birdhouse with craft paint. I use FolkArt Seamist, Raw Sienna, and White. It’s also the same colors I used for the painting on the wall. I just love them.

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments