Convenience for an 8-Year Old

Edit Artikel

I’m not gonna lie. I saw this idea from Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick, and I sat my computer down, picked up my keys, and drove to the store to copy it. That simple.

IMG_3447

Long story short, I was looking for a way to make my cereal a little more accessible for my little one. To give you an example of her despair, I took this picture standing right next to her, so I could show you what it looks like from her point of view.

IMG_3448

I ran to Wal-Mart and purchased the larger two. The smallest one was from Target. I went there because Sarah told me to.  I’m pretty sure she was speaking just to me, anyway.

IMG_3439

Once again, my Silhouette machine saved the day! I had it cut some fancy frames on black vinyl, and I used some chalkboard pens from Hobby Lobby to write on it. This vinyl isn’t chalkboard vinyl. Does it have to be? It worked perfectly, and it wipes off with a damp cloth.

IMG_3436

I just realized I didn’t really get the metal looking scoops in there. I purchased a set of three for a couple dollars at Wal-Mart as well. They work perfectly for scooping out the chocolaty-goodness cereal and leaving the healthy, better-for-you cereal in its dust.

IMG_3445

What a great idea indeed, Thrifty Decor Chick!

Beep beep beep. Beep. Beep. Beep beep beep beep.  This just in…

button_thumb[12] I stepped away from SAS Day for a couple of weeks. Please know that it was unintentional. I have not abandoned it, and it’ll be back this Friday.  I have some SPECTACULAR giveaways planned for them, and I can’t wait to see what everyone’s been working on!  It will be especially appreciated now that I’m back to work. Grr.  I hope to see you then!

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments