Christmas Tour

Edit Artikel

I keep telling myself, “You’re done. No more decorating”, and I’m almost sure I’m listening to myself. Unfortunately, my husband still has lights to string outside. Too bad he doesn’t know that yet. sweater vase

This little house tour began with the mantel. It’s such a focal point in our home that it’s usually first on my list. 

cream mantel

With the mantel comes the tree. It’s definitely a family favorite.

red christmas tree

Aside from the dead cardinal at the bottom of the tree (see it?), I’m so pleased with how warm it is. Considering I’m not one for a lot of color, I definitely embrace the pops of it during the holidays.

fireplace mantel

As you can see, we aren’t the only ones who hibernate in here. The Nemesis is giving his “I’m annoyed, will you please stop taking pictures so I can rest” look.

country christmas

And then there was that darn $8.00 tree. It was a siren, and I was a sailor. It was a rabbit, and I was the greyhound. Okay, you get it.

blue tree

Of course, it needed some accessories to go with it.

Homegoods lamp

The advent calendar is housed in the craft room. Since it already has the touches of pink, it seemed only fitting that I would buy another $8.00 tree. It was the siren and I was the…you get it?  pink gold tree

I LOVE how it just fits right in. That platter is saying, “You come here often?”

pinkpink tree

I think I’ll have to write a separate post on the kids’ tree, but it wouldn’t be fair to exclude it from the tour. It was $25.00 at Wal Mart a few years ago, and it’s been very good to me.

white tree

purple ornament

If you’re in the mood for some holiday inspiration (and who isn’t?), head over to Nester’s Tour of Homes party. It’s gonna be great! –said like Jerry Seinfeld, of course.

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments