Poppies at Play Parade of Homes

Edit Artikel

Welcome to stop #11! Poppies at Play is hosting her annual Parade of Homes and asked yours truly to be a part of it. Knowing how much I love a good house tour, I had to jump at the offer! If you’re a new reader today—welcome!

11

I don’t show a lot of exterior shots simply ‘cause you never know what kind of weather you’re going to get in Michigan. But…here it is in the spring! Yes, that’s my husband getting ready to make out with his dog. They love each other.

colonial house

The hub of the house is most definitely this space. There’s usually a huge dog plopped in the middle of the floor and Star Wars action figures on the island, but I think you get the idea.

open kitchen

In a moment of insanity creativity, I decided to painted the end of our cabinets with chalkboard paint. The kids love it, and I love it. My husband probably doesn’t even know it’s there. :)

chalkboard cabinets

We did a lot of work to the dining room last spring, and it’s certainly one of my favorite rooms. Again, you’ll usually see an action figure hanging from the chandelier. It’s one of the first rooms that our guests see, so I’m glad it’s finished. Now our local Girl Scout stopping by or the vacuum salesman will believe that we actually eat dinner.

board and batten dining room

board and batten

My son’s room is going through a MAJOR overhaul this summer. He’ll be turning 12 in July, and as he so subtly reminded me, he’s “gonna be a man soon, Mom”. Uhhh ok. Regardless, the room is starting to look a bit young for him.

boys room

We’re kind of obsessed with the Detroit Tigers at this house. I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to incorporate that into his new “manly” looking bedroom. Hmmm….wheels turning.

boys baseball room

And lastly, the craft room. Because it is literally going through a transformation as I write this post, I’ll just show you some snippets. I reupholstered this chair and painted the dresser to feminize the room.

reupholstered chair

I guess you’ll just have to come back if you want to see what direction I’m going with it. FYI—craft rooms have a LOT of stuff in them! I wouldn’t recommend changing them if you’re not prepared for some work. Gees!

cherry blossoms print

Oh, in case you’re wondering, the dog does have his own room as well. It’s generally wherever we are.

bullmastiff

The next stop on the tour is Melissa from 320 Sycamore! Just click on over to see the tour of her home! Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

12

Photobucket

If you’d like to see a full list of the participants, you can find them here! As a bonus, go back to Poppies at Play on Saturday for a house tour link-up! I’ll be there!

Previous
Next Post »
Show comments
Hide comments